Thursday 1 November 2012

Going long….
by Paul Hatton 

 

It was probably around fifteen years ago when I first got the feeling that my catch rates would dramatically increase if I could only cast into an area of my local lake where fish would never usually see bait. I would sit and watch the fish cruising up and down along the far margin, where fishing was not allowed, their backs would often be out of the water and I could pretty much count them as I sat on my bed chair over a hundred and thirty yards away feeling rather frustrated!

The fish in this low stocked mere would often hold up in this safe area, especially when the lake was pressured and because it was only a couple of feet deep, it warmed up quickly and provided a safe place where they could soak up some sun without any threat from us anglers.

Continue reading http://www.henkor.co.za/Going-long.php

No comments:

Post a Comment